|Start:||Part Time - Hours are 4 days a week 7.30am till 1.00pm|
|Salary:||£7.50 Hourly rate|
|Details:||Main function of the job (Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such duties as may reasonably be required).
To maintain catering skills at a current level, and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice.
To provide catering services in accordance with current best practice.
To supervise the catering services within The Home in accordance with agreed standards, legislative requirements, relevant regulations, and in line with accepted best practice, and within the financial plans agreed from time-to-time.
Main Duties (not in any order of priority)
1. Develop effective working relationships with the other employees within The Home.
2. Support an open, positive and inclusive management culture.
3. Participate in the development of The Home's policies.
4. Participate in evaluation of The Home against agreed organisational goals, business, and quality objectives.
5. Work to establish effective employer-employee relationships.
6. Minimise legal risks.
7. Participate in the maintenance of The Home's management information systems.
8. Assist in the formulation and implementation of catering policies and procedures.
9. Assist the implementation and maintenance of the standards required by legislation related to the registration of The Home.
10. Act within The Home's budget based on The Home's objectives and within the projected revenue.
11. Work in a cost-effective manner.
12. Be involved in the implementation and maintenance of The Home's quality assurance program.
13. Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the catering service provision.
14. Assist in the design and administration of an evaluation of the catering service provision.
15. Systematically solve day-to-day problematical issues which arise.
Management of the Human Resources
1. Cooperate with the implementation, evaluation, orientation and induction of all new employees.
2. Assist individual staff to develop in their role and level of compliance with agreed standards.
3. Support the implementation of The Home's policies and procedures.
4. Support the effective resolution of team conflicts.
5. Support a work atmosphere which promotes a high quality of work life.
6. Support and maintain a culture of performance and excellence.
Job Description - Chef/Cook
Management of Catering Services:
1. Assist the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for the catering practice.
2. Assist the assessment of the effectiveness of catering implementation and delivery.
3. Implement action to meet and maintain catering standards.
4. Ensure that Service Users' rights are protected.
5. Encourage a model of self-care and Service User rehabilitation.
6. Evaluate standards of catering competence.
Professional Long-Term Catering Leadership
1. Seek opportunities for personal and professional growth.
2. Promote a positive image for residency and employment within The Home.
A professional catering qualification.
Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate.
If you are interested in this role, please contact our HR department on 01772 559932, apply online email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We recieved an excellent service where the care staff went above and beyond all expectations to help my mum live independently and safely at home.
The support that Delta Care gave to help my whole family when my mum was diagnosed with Dementia was second to none, I can not thank them enough for their advice and service.