|Location:||Chorley, Preston and South Ribble|
|Salary:||Monday - Friday £7.95 per hour (Saturday & Sunday £8.17 per hour)|
|Details:||DO YOU WANT A REWARDING CAREER IN CARE?
We are looking for dedicated, reliable, caring individuals to join our team.
We offer competitive rates of pay
Monday - Friday - £7.95 per hour
Saturday and Sunday - £8.17 per hour
(You can also earn a Performance Bonus which is an extra 0.32 per hour)
Mileage. Health care scheme. Flexible working hours. Full Care Certificate training.
This is a perfect opportunity to find a new and rewarding career and become part of a fantastic team.
Home Care Assistant job description
Qualifications: NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care preferred but not essential as full training will be given
Responsible to: Registered Manager
Aim of the post:
The care provided by a Home Care Assistant is that which would normally be given by members of the family and does not include tasks, which would normally be undertaken by a trained nurse.
The following list illustrates the type of duties, which a Home Care Assistant may be asked to undertake. At all times a Home Care Assistant must comply with Delta Care Ltd guidelines and polices.
- Support people with the same respect you would want for yourself or a member of your family.
- Treat each person as an individual by offering a personalised service.
- Enable people to maintain the maximum possible level of independence, choice and control.
- Listen and support people to express their needs and wants.
- Respect peoples' right to privacy
- Ensure people feel able to complain without fear of retribution.
- Engage with family members and carers as care partners
- Assist people to maintain confidence and a positive self-esteem
- Act to alleviate people's loneliness and isolation
Provide a high-quality service that respects people's dignity and choice by:
Reading and following the individualised care plan.
1. Assisting service users with getting up in the morning, washing/bathing and dressing. Helping with undressing and getting to bed in the evening (includes washing hair, feet and teeth. etc). Always wear gloves and aprons
2. To make meals, drinks and supper time snacks where necessary. Check dates on foods and ensure meal prep areas fridge's and cookers are kept clean at all times
3. To provide assistance with toileting and with changing clothes and/or bedding where necessary. To empty and cleanse commodes, wash and iron clothes and bed linen (which may be soiled by incontinence) AS REQUIRED.
4. To provide assistance with other tasks of daily living that the person cannot manage, this may include cleaning, shopping and the collection of pensions and the paying of bills, and completing Expenditure sheets for all financial transactions, collecting receipts
5. Record information on a care sheet when necessary.
6. To report to the manager any significant changes in the health and circumstances of the service user.
7. To encourage service users towards a degree of independence and activity appropriate to their ability.
8. To work within Delta Care Ltd Health and Safety policy. To ensure the principles and practices of Infection Control are adhered to throughout the work force.
9. Within an agreed plan and in consultation with the office and service user to contribute to the supervision of service users who have a tendency to wander, neglect themselves or put themselves at risk.
10. Log in and out of Service Users homes
11. Complete Medication record sheets and care sheets.
This Job Description is not exhaustive there may be other duties and tasks that you are occasionally asked to do that do not form part of this Job Description.
If you are interested in becoming a Home Care Assistant with Delta Care please contact me on 01772 559932, apply online or email email@example.com
We recieved an excellent service where the care staff went above and beyond all expectations to help my mum live independently and safely at home.
The support that Delta Care gave to help my whole family when my mum was diagnosed with Dementia was second to none, I can not thank them enough for their advice and service.